Thursday, June 26, 2008

Tough Loss

Well, it was inevitable and it finally happened. We got beat - or should I say we beat ourselves?!?! I'm not sure about the final score, but it was something like 6-1. Our guys gave up in the first few innings. It was quite discouraging and upsetting to see how hard they took it. However, it is great to see how passionate they are for the game. There were many tears shed, including a few from Clayton. When they struck out or had a bad inning there were tears all the way to the dugout. Our team spirit was a little off tonight. Some parents were pretty ticked off with the head coach and Billy didn't agree with some of his choices either, but we kept to ourselves. All 3 teams left had 1 loss, so they drew names to see who would playoff and who would go directly to the championship game. We drew the lucky number. The other 2 teams will play Friday at 6pm and we will play the winner in the championship game on Friday.

There's a catch for me though . . . Scott's first All Star game is also on Friday night at 6pm. I had a heart to heart w/ him and he said that he didn't think I should miss Clayton's game. I'm going to stay for about 45 minutes of Scott's game at 6 and then head over to Clayton's game at 7:30. I think that's fair. Mama and Bill showed up tonight for the game and they said they would go to Scott's game to support him. I'm SO greatful for that. I can't even put it into words.

Quickly I'd like to give a special thanks to Papa Bill. He is a bridge engineer and has been working on a HUGE project in Dubai. He woke up this morning there in Dubai and traveled 13 hours home by plane back to our side of the world. He got a quick bite to eat and then came to Clayton's game and will be at Scott's game tomorrow night. That means so much to us. Thanks Bill and Mama. You guys are the best!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment